If at any time you are unable to place an order via the Trader or app, you can always place either an email Order or, as a last resort, a telephone Order.
Both email and telephone Orders are subject to the conditions specified in the Orders and Order Execution Policy.
- If information is missing from the mandatory list of specifications, we cannot execute your order.
- Your Free Scope must be sufficient at the moment when the Order is received,
- The product must be open for (retail) trading, and the Order is a Limit Order or a Market Order.
- The maximum Order volume of an email or telephone Order is €100,000 or equivalent.
- We only accept Orders that have been sent from the same email address with which you (the customer) has registered.
- There is an additional fee for placing an email Order, you can find this in our Feeschedule
- Email Orders are always limited to one Trading Day in validity.
If you need to place an email Order due to a technical problem on our side, you can request a refund of the additional fee.
The received email Order will be executed on a best effort basis and in the order it was recieved by the Order Desk, unless the Order Desk contacts you to inform you otherwise. This means there we cannot guarantee a specific time to execute your order. Therefore, the price of the position at the moment of execution might differ from the price at the moment the email Order was received by the Order Desk.
More information about Orders and Order executions can be found by in our FAQ about orders.
How to place an e-mail order
To place an email Order, we ask you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing this mandatory information:
- Username of your DEGIRO account.
- Product (ISIN or Option series)
- Buy/Sell/Cancel/Exercise Options
- Number of securities/Amount to be traded
- Price at which the Order must be sent to the market (Limit)
- Day Order
- Market in which to place the Order
How to place a telephone order
A telephone order is only possible if you can't set up your Order through the Trading Platform or via email. To place a telephone Order, please call our Service Desk. They will forward you to our Orders department. Be prepared to answer security questions regarding your account before being forwarded.
Email orders are subject to the conditions laid on in the document Orders and Order Execution Policy. If you need to place an email order due to a technical issue with DEGIRO, the additional costs will be waived.