How can I trade products listed in foreign currencies?
To ensure you have a seamless trading experience when investing in products listed in foreign currencies, we provide two currency conversion options: Auto FX or Manual FX. As it's not possible to deposit or withdraw funds other than in your account's base currency, these conversion options allow you to conveniently trade in different currencies and make the most out of your investment opportunities.
Please note - The costs for Auto FX and Manual FX differ. For more information, see our fees.
- You can always check or edit your currency conversion settings by going to 'Settings' > 'Currency conversion'.
- When you switch from Manual FX to Auto FX or vice versa, outstanding orders will not be affected.
- If you use our Margin Loan service, be aware that this also applies to your foreign currency Cash Accounts. Therefore, it’s possible to spend more in foreign currencies than you might have, leading to a negative balance in your foreign currency Cash Account. Debit rates apply.
- When Auto FX is enabled, an executed order for a currency pair (for example: EUR/USD) will automatically convert back to Euro. If you want to buy or sell currency pairs, check your settings to see if Manual FX is on.
- Any funds you hold in a foreign currency Cash Account or investments you make in a product listed in a foreign currency are exposed to currency risk. Learn more about Cash Accounts.